- ExposureRoanoke – A free group for photographers in Roanoke, VA and surrounding areas who enjoy getting together with other photographers to talk photography, put on workshops, and above all, shoot! All experience levels welcome! They try to schedule at least one event per week.
- NRV Exposure – NRV Exposure is where aspiring and accomplished photographers in the New River Valley of southwest VA get together to learn, to teach and to have fun making photographs.
- Roanoke Camera Club – The aim of this club shall be to promote and enjoy the art and science of photography in its various branches and to aid and benefit by mutual cooperation, those interested in photography. They meet at the O. Winston Link Museum on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:15 p.m.
- The Roanoke Valley Photography Group - A group of local photographers who network, shoot, and discuss photography and the business of photography to mutually benefit its members. Members of our group cater to a variety of genres, including seniors, newborns, families, weddings, boudoir, events, and commercial photography. Typically meets on the third Thursday of every month.
- Blacksburg Photo Club – Meeting on the last Tuesday of every month at the Blacksburg Community Center at 6:00pm.
- Rockbridge Camera Club – Meetings are on the third Tuesday of the month from September through May from 7-8:30 pm, usually at the Rockbridge Regional Library in Lexington.
- Radford Photography Club – Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Call 540-731-3633 for more information (no website.)
- Forest Photo Club – Meets every third Monday at Forest Presbyterian Church (Route 221) at 7pm to listen to presentations, guest speakers, and participate in contests. Also, around once every two months, has a field trip to a local spot for shooting and hands on learning.
- Charlottesville Photography Initiative – The CPI’s mission is to foster an open, friendly and professional environment in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas, providing an educational forum and building a community for amateur and professional photographers. Meets frequently.
- Alleghany Camera Club – Meets the last Friday of each month at 7pm at the Clifton Forge School of the Arts. For information about joining, contact Chuck Almarez by email at email@example.com or by phone: 540-958-0886
- Exposure Southside Virginia – This group is for photographers from Lynchburg to Appomattox to Farmville to South Boston and surrounding areas who enjoy getting together with other photographers to talk photography, put on workshops, and above all, shoot! All experience levels welcome!
- Bedford Photography Club – Meetings every second Monday of the month and normally have theme for each month of what to shoot, like fog and mist or mother nature.
- WayMarking.com – Provides tools for you to catalog, mark and visit interesting and useful locations around the world.